Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Come Fly With Me

I don't know what came over me
nothing made sense
even less than usual
I can't remember if it was before or after
I thought about you
maybe it was the whole time
And I missed you
something I have tried not to do
something I'm doing now

It's been a while since I spoke to you
since you left
But the thought of you has brought me to tears
two days in a row now
That's quite a few
not just anyone can do that
I'm not sure if they even have

I was driving
the roads were slick
and I had to fight the urge
to pull the wheel to the left
and hit the gas
and feel the impact

it had nothing to do with you
it had nothing to do with dying
it had everything to do with living
tempting fate
to see if it would be real

It didn't seem like it could be
but I didn't
because I was afraid it could be real
wouldn't you say?

That wasn't supposed to be mean
I'm sorry
I'm sorry I even thought that

I regained my composure
blew off my thoughts
my fears
my emotions
shook off what made me human
and came back to myself

Then the rain turned to snow
and my breaks wouldn't stop
and for a brief second
I knew it was real
and I thought of you
or I would have
if I wasn't trying so hard to control the car
3.3 seconds
or maybe less

But I stopped
Thank God I stopped
or thank you
I'm not sure yet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home